Scented Pansy Forum

Item Archive: Can Sellers have an Item Archive type function for listings?

It would be great if we can Archive, tuck away or somehow otherwise move listings in our shop to a “ready but not live” type of folder. For example, if we create prods & services specific to holidays or events; I would like to have my V-day items tucked away for next year without having to future date it. Right now, I either have to delete and recreate or have it mixed in with products I have live or lined up on a release schedule.
Same goes for items/svcs I may not want to offer at the moment but may again in the future. - Does that make sense?

10 Likes

I think it makes sense , kinda like when the store manager says “umm let me check in the back” :grin: I like this idea a lot!!!

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, that way you can save a draft of an idea you like, but not “go live” until you’re fully ready and confident in your item and listing. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, perhaps we could have a ‘draft’ status for the listing. I’ll add it to our discussions for new features.

6 Likes

This is an old post but this would be a great feature to have.

2 Likes

Thank you gorgeous. Anything going on w this?

1 Like

I know this isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, but somewhat of a workaround, if you use the schedule posting option, you can schedule it like super far out and can always come back and edit or delete the listing before it goes public. Just a possible interim solution :relaxed:

1 Like

This is actually an issue I’ve been trying to explain to @Rod
Since the update happened, I’m not able to put a publish date on already existing listings. It’s not possible to put a listing into the post queue now if it’s already been published. That is also how I and many others would repost old listings to bring traffic to your page.

2 Likes

Tbh I think that was a glitch with the future publish date feature, it was never meant to be like the “repost” on panty deal. So I don’t think they’re going to be “fixing” it because now it’s just working correctly :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You’re probably right about it being a glitch lol which is probably why Rod hasn’t understood when I’ve tried to explain.
But a repost feature would be nice since so many were already using it like one, and now it seems like the feature was removed.

2 Likes

I feel like the repost feature gets abused though and the feed becomes a bunch of sellers clicking on the “repost” button every 15 minutes throughout the day. Everyone is fighting for the spotlight on the feed but all day long you see the same sets of photos and listings being repeatedly uploaded and it’s just “meh”… not to mention the way the feed updates every second because everyone is clicking hurts my eyes and the minute you start to read something, boom it’s gone because of how easy it is to repost a listing. There’s no feeling of personal connection on the feed it’s like a bunch of robots clicking away :roll_eyes: I say nay nay to the repost button

4 Likes

And this brings me back to my original issue. I would like to make some listings in advance or be able to save a seasonal listing (for example) for the following year instead of it just taking up space and dating my shop. The option of making a listing simply inactive would be a great start.
Regarding the BS repost feed hoggers…. Maybe put in a choke such as any listings made inactive can’t be made active again for X number of days or weeks. @Rod

1 Like

Well since it’s not looking like they’re going to be making any big changes to the listing features any time soon (lots of bigger fires to put out), I’d recommend doing what I and a lot of other sellers on SP do since there isn’t a repost/relist feature, which is just posting photos/ads. You can post a screenshot of the listing or an ad for that listing or whatever. I know that’s not exactly what you’re looking for and I agree, there’s so many more options to be added to make the listings better, but I think that may be the best option

That’s correct. We don’t want a repost spam feature like PD.

2 Likes

However, we could perhaps offer a ‘draft’ status for listings that would make them inactive. @SexyPixiePanties does that make sense?

3 Likes

A helpful tip for quicker relisting… create a note in your notebook for your basic panty verbatim & the basic tags you affiliate your panties with. Whenever you create a good picture for your panty listings FILE IT IMMEDIATELY into an album for Panties … When it comes time to post a listing pull up your panty album, pick the picture , copy and paste the basic verbiage you’ve created ( I do this for the listing and the tags), add an extra sentence here and there for the specific panty you’re adding and then list … it takes a fraction of the time maybe like 2 mins vs 5-10 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: .

5 Likes

Yes @Rod My request is not about relisting. Somehow that keeps getting lost in the sauce. My issue is about making listings inactive. No one wants to see my Xmas grinch socks in April. :rofl:

5 Likes

I’m adding this to dev schedule.

3 Likes

I’ve dropped a couple listings into “Draft”. Now where do I go to retrieve/edit/update them?
**To add to the confusion… One is just gone, nowhere to be found. The other is still showing in my shop but not in my dashboard “active listings”… ? Should there perhaps be an IN-active listings tab that got missed?
@Bambi @Rod

2 Likes

I was wondering this same thing. I’ve drafted items but idk where to find them

1 Like