Scented Pansy Forum

Ideal Buyer Poll

What things are most wanted/important in a buyer for you? All answers are anonymous.
  • A big wallet
  • Politeness
  • Respectful
  • Dirty talk
  • Honesty
  • Likes to chat (non-sexual)
  • Good reviews
  • Leaves reviews
  • Gives positive feedback
  • Gives honest feedback
  • Gives a long poetic gushing review
  • Gives a review about the actual item
  • Is the type to become/is a regular
  • Is hot
  • Doesn’t lowball
  • Charm
  • Intelligence
  • Easy to manipulate
  • Always pays in advance
  • Has a pulse and doesn’t ghost

0 voters

10 Likes

I love the “doesn’t low ball” … can’t tell you how friggin much that’s appreciated!!! I work with someone who NEVER pays me what I ask … he always gives me more and in return he gets the best of me , I absolutely adore him :white_heart::white_heart::white_heart:

8 Likes

@DrippnTittyMilkCutie I have one regular buyer who always always tips me and it is always greatly appreciated. And it’s really not about the money. It’s about the fact that he even thinks to do it. It just shows that he’s appreciative and generous, which is shockingly not always a given with most buyers.

7 Likes

I used to tip every single sale. Yep every single time. Even sent cash tip if i bought a few coin listings.

I wait a bit now, after a few sales.
I’ve also had sellers try to charge me double what they charge other buyers. The sellers that allow themselves to be lowballed just piss of the good guys that tip and pay fair. We always find out.

Obviously if you have a lovely regular you may do deals or perks. That’s different.

11 Likes

@Jak waiting to tip makes sense to me. Especially with as much experience as you’ve had!

The lowballing sucks on multiple levels :unamused:

7 Likes

I’m loving how a couple of my cheeky joke answers are getting chosen :joy:

11 Likes

@Jak “has a pulse and doesn’t ghost” is the bar I’m always hoping a buyer can manage to step over lol. If they do I’m happy. If they do and then they’re also any of my other answers then I’m extra happy :grin:

6 Likes

If ya like my polls and want more, hit the like :heart: button at the bottom of the poll.
If you don’t like them. Hit it anyway.
:wink:

10 Likes

I can’t see who answers btw on these anonymous polls.

7 Likes

@Jak oh I just realized that….it would’ve been interesting to see each other’s answers lol. Mine were respect, politeness, chatting and honest feedback.

5 Likes

@daffodil312 I was trying to get as honest as possible answers, when it’s anonymous it’s far more likely (not guaranteed) you will.
As you probably well know being Psych educated.

7 Likes

I’m starting to think my ideal buyer is also my ideal date…honest, respectful, capable of conversation, has a pulse. I think my standards may have dropped slightly after I turned 30 :joy:

10 Likes

@CannaQueen My ideal date is someone who won’t stab me and cooks.

9 Likes

@Jak true true. I guess I assumed everyone would be honest even if it wasn’t anonymous, in the hope that some buyers would see and maybe understand what we’re after lol

5 Likes

There’s lots to dissect here.

Being on the newer side of things, I feel there are “prominent buyers” who hit up newbies in the guise of being a mentor and “want to help build your page” and they’re the guilty ones at lowballing prices. I admit I’ve been lowballed a few times this way and didn’t know better.

It’s a catch 22 for newer sellers, the “good” buyers won’t give them a chance unless they have reviews. So what are they to do?

10 Likes

@CannaQueen LOL yeah some of these apply just to the men you’d accept in your life just in general!

3 Likes

@Melliebee YEP. It sucks. That’s why it’s so important to find other sellers who will guide you, and the patience to hold out for those mid-range buyers who are willing to take a chance on newbies without being total cocks about it.

7 Likes

@Melliebee You are absolutely correct and most of us know who those buyers are.
Predators and manipulators is what they are.
Any good buyer won’t expect anything for advice and help, nor offer a review for a freebie or low price.

9 Likes

Honestly, being new isn’t as detrimental as a lot of sellers think. I made $90 in one sale on my first 6 hours being on the site and gained more regulars my first few months on the site. The thing is to invest into it and that will speak for itself. Completely fill out your bio, fill your shop as much as possible, upload a few photos, etc. Fully complete your profile and the rest will speak for itself. There isn’t as much of a need for reviews and status as much as you’d think—I’m saying this because I’ve been on the site almost 5 years. I stopped focusing on reviews so much, I barely have any as of recent, and do a lot off site as just my preference. Your personality, business style, and communication will speak for itself, it is a slow process but worth it if you’re consistent.

7 Likes

And to note, stay away from buyers looking to “take you under their wing” and try to teach you the tips of being a seller. SP is notorious for harboring chauvinistic buyers who have an odd kink with maintaining control through status and “guidance”. Very much similar to a controlling daddy kink. It’s one thing to have some of our regular buyers who maintain interaction and offer buyer perspective, but there are quite a few who will try to give you seller perspective as a buyer; these are also the same buyers who get angry if you work with anyone other than them, get angry if you don’t show your gratitude enough to them, don’t credit them for your gains, etc. They lurk and they’re out there.

7 Likes